Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cold Front in July

July is here already! I know everyone always says, "I feel like only yesterday that..." and then completes their sentence with a fond memory of their past. But for real. I feel like only yesterday it was New Years Eve. How can it possibly be July already?? And how could I possibly still be in the worst state ever to be celebrating the first day of July. Yesterday here in AZ it got up to 114 degrees. ONE HUNDRED AND FORTEEN DEGREES, in case you skimmed over the last part. It was as if the month of June wanted to remind us that although it was his last day, he was still out in full force and he still had everything to offer that July and August did. Fortunately for us out-of-staters there is a cold front coming through. Yup, the high is only supposed to be 106. Good, at least only my top layer of makeup will melt off now. I am probably the most pale person an Arizona summer has ever looked in the face. That is because I sprint from cover to cover: car to shade, shade to indoors, indoors to perched right in from of an A/C vent. No tan here, no thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!