Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ain't as Good as I Once Was

I sadly have nothing interesting to write about, so I'll share with you a little story I like to call *AGING*...

We have some very dear friends here in Florida, whom we love hanging out with. Last night, we shared a babysitter for a night out. We started the night out at a Mexican food place in downtown Sarasota. This particular Mexican restaurant was owned by Ukrainians. It caught me off guard at first, but the service was great and my food still had that "south of the border" flair. Plus, it saved me from the embarrassment of Hubbs trying to converse with the servers in Spanish.

From there we had a glass of wine or 3 (who is really counting anyways) at their friends' house, and then headed down to Siesta Key. Hubbs was excited because he had been to a couple establishments down there five years earlier, and apparently had a fabulous time. Siesta Key is known as the number-two best beach in the nation for its powdery white sand and serene atmosphere. It's also known for it's nightlife/bar scene. Well, apparently the *crazy* bar Hubbs remembered is not exactly the hot spot anymore, because there were a total of 10 people inside. And by inside I mean on the premises, because its is an open-air bar right near the beach. Did I mention yet that it was extremely cold at around 45 degrees last night? Brrr. Their specialties are frozen drinks, so needless to say we didn't last long there.

Next up, karaoke bar. We were nearing about 1:00am now, and the yawns are starting to present themselves. We got a private room because it was only $5/pp per hour, so we figured that would be the most fun. (They failed to mention at the time that there was a two-hour minimum and that they close at 2am, but whatever). So after spending the hour with The Dixie Chicks, George Strait, The B-52's, and Britney Spears, we gladly left the building when they closed the place down. Mama was officially tired, and the for the last couple hours all I could seem to think about were all the things we needed to do to prepare our house for the Open House our realtor was holding there the next day. Zzzzzzz.

Pretty much, it was a great night. We had a few glasses of wine, and definitely didn't take it overboard. Definitely a warm-up for what would have been a night out in college. The next morning, I was freakishly exhausted. My body did not want to get up with the alarm that was going off (Kaden). Talk about sluggish the WHOLE day. Just can't do it like I used to. CHEERS to aging!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you make me look like some young whipper snapper! :) Also, um... Realtor? Open House? ???? I need to visit the pink house before you sell it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!