Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blessed by Southwest

NAP TIME! The part of the day that keeps me sane. I had a dear friend from blog Tilly & Fran remind me that I needed to get on the ball with my blog. I'm a true blog slacker.

Today, I officially became a Southwest Airlines Companion Passholder. This means my little dude can travel for free with me all season. Yeah, he is still under two years old meaning he could fly for free on most airlines, the catch is he would have to ride on my LAP. Ummm, no thanks. So I was planning on buying my little squirmy 25 pounder a ticket for road trips and any traveling anyway, and was just going to limit my amount of travel when the email that changed my summer came. After the initial excitement wore off, I became a little uneasy. I haven't flown since the beginning of January since we are now in Spring Training in our own town in Florida. Hmmm.... This means... Oh dear Lord... Most of our credits with Southwest have come via our Southwest Visa. Uh-oh.

I have been spending the remainder of the morning/early afternoon trying to avoid Chase.com to see what the damage is. If I can't see it, it never really happened right? RIGHT?

Anyways, what's new in motherhood? Well, let's see. Today after breakfast I changed the biggest, nastiest diapers in the history of big, nasty diapers. I couldn't even be repulsed actually, just more impressed than anything. It was at least a 15-or 16-wiper. And this is the thick-ply wipes, not the thin stuff with the shapes on it.

What's new in Redneck, Florida? Highway 41 has been a road to (try) to avoid. It's pretty much our main road that you take to get anywhere north or south, but it's been a disaster lately. You see, they install a new Hooters billboard about every 5 or 6 months, and the girl on this one is not leaving much to the imagination. And when I say billboard, it might as well be a spaceship, the sucker's huge. Even I have to stare! So, needless to say, there has been fender-bender after fender-bender here.

Other than that, not much new. Holla back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!