Monday, February 28, 2011

15 miles later

Well, I am writing this from my couch. I am sure if I could make it to my desk, I would write from there. My friend Ashlyn and I are training for a marathon, and yesterday was the farthest run either of us has ever run- 15 miles. Needless to say, I CAN'T WALK TODAY. I have spent the last half hour looking up podiatrists, because I am 72% sure that my left foot is broken. I don't know why we couldn't have picked a less taxing goal. Maybe lawn bowling, beer league softball, or even hot-dog eating competitions.

However, not ALL of the weekend was spent on concrete gasping for air. Josh's first exhibition game was Friday, so Kaden and I braved the heat- during nap time- to go support who we both refer to as daddy (for VERY different reasons). We had full intentions of staying the whole game, but plans changed around the 3rd inning when Kaden informed me and everyone in my section that it was time for him to leave for a nap.

Saturday Kaden and I went to Mote Aquarium with our friend Caroline and her almost-18-month old. THEY HAVE A SHARK TANK!!! I had wayyyyy more fun than Kaden. Afterwards, the 4 of us walked over to the Salty Dog Cafe so we mamas could have a drink. Oh and enjoy the beautiful view of Sarasota Bay, that too.

Well, nap time = clean time! Ta-ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!