Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sick Day

I had such high hopes for going to spin class and cooking a nice healthy meal for myself and the family today. I even laid my workout clothes out last night and planned ahead to see what recipe I was going to cook. But I saw all those fade away at about 3 am. Cough, stuffiness, and a sore throat will sure put a damper on things. AND baby is sick too. Same symptoms. So the two of us have been trying "sick day" activities all day. Like cuddling- meaning I hold him tightly and try to make him rest his head on my shoulder so we look like we could model baby Nyquil, while he uses all his little might to try to wiggle his way out of my grip. Ok, so baby's not a fan of cuddling. We've also tried watching a movie. Actually an episode of Lost on DVD, but close enough. I turned it off halfway through (because who the hell really knows what's going on on that show anymore) and baby started going CRAZY. I turned it back on and he looked as content as can be. It's disappointing that my 4-month-old son can stay more attuned to Lost than I can. And finally we ate some soup together. Actually I had soup and he had Similac. But both were warm and got the job done. So looking back on our first sick day together, it hasn't been much of a success, but there's no one else I would want to spend all day cuddling with (kinda), watching movies with (kinda), and eating soup with (kinda)....

Truly Yours,
Ashleigh

(Am I supposed to sign after every entry?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!