Friday, March 25, 2011

BEACH DAY!


What a beautiful day to go to the beach. I woke up this morning with the sun shining in, and have had a smile on all day. Hubbs finally heard about his job, we will be heading to Indianapolis. We FINALLY know something! Yayyy. Not exactly the ultimate goal, but a chance for him to get back into baseball and get some at-bats since he was injured all summer last year. Very exciting. Since he got sent down today, he has the day off and we get to spend the day with him. Beach? Yes please!


We ran some errands this morning to drop off t00-small-for-Kaden baby clothes at a local organization, when I noticed a "now hiring" sign at Peek-A-Boo Lounge. Yes, you can probably imagine what kind of "lounge" this is. Beneath the sing, on a digital board it adds, "GOOD MONEY". I personally think is should be called Peek-A-Boob, but whatever. I decided to mess with Hubbs, just to see what he would say:

Me- So I'm thinking now that we are back in the minors, I should probably get a job.
Hubbs- Ok, what were you thinking? What about Kaden?
Me- Well, I thought about that. I don't want to have to pay for childcare, so I will just work nights, after you get home.
Hubbs- Mmmmmmk, but when will I ever see you?
Me- Well you could just come see me perform I guess, it's really just up to you.
Hubbs- Perform?
Me- Yeah, Peek-A-Boo Lounge in hiring so I sent in my application yesterday. My interview is today. And my song is Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson-- they need to add some country to exotic dancing in my opinion.
Hubbs- .............................................................
Me- So I need to go get a new *sparkly* cowgirl outfit, a pair of pink platform heels, and some tassles.
Hubbs- You're probably going to want a razor as well, no one wants to see all that leg hair. Sick.

Sooooo yeah. Probably too obvious of a joke, but it was fun anyways. But I DID get to see one of the strippers, ahem, dancers in the broad daylight heading into her establishment. It was pretty awesome, she even had a cute little bag that I am guessing she carries her props(??) in. I mean, you can't NOT stare. I personally think that should be a sign of good luck, seeing an exotic dancer in the daylight. I mean, you know they're out there, you just don't get to see them interacting in society unless you know what/who to look for. So when you do see one outside of the club, I think it should be lucky. Like finding a four-leaf clover.

Anyways, if you are an avid follower of my blog (which I know a whopping TWO people are- love you mom and dad!), you know that I posted a story about Kaden falling out of his high chair two weeks back. Well, I took him back to the doc yesterday for more X-rays since I can still tell it is bugging him, and he DOES have a fracture in his clavicle- aka collar bone for those of you who missed out on the fine read, "Anatomy for Dummies". So the poor little dude has been hurting for two weeks. We go to an orthopedic doc today, so wish us luck! Any kind of sling, etc. is NOT going to be pleasant for my little on-the-go guy.

Enjoy today, you only get one chance at it! SMILE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!