Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Waiting Around...

I think it ALL caught up with me today.

Every year around this time, some uncertainty is formed for those players and families in the baseball world for those players without a long-term contract. Will my husband make the big-league team? Will he be in Triple-A with this team? Will they release him if they can't use him on either team? Would he get another job with another team this late in Spring Training when rosters are all set? If he doesn't get another job, will we have to move back to Oklahoma so he can finish his degree at Okie State? What kind of job can I get in Stillwater, America? How much of a loss would we have to take on our Florida house to sell it now? Would we buy or rent another house in Okie? Will we ever see our Florida friends?? Welcome to how my mind works.

Questions + Uncertainty = STRESS. At least for me! Hubbs is still in there every day working his butt off, just as positive and hard-working as ever. But, he hasn't exactly hit the best he can during Spring Training and showed everything he is capable of to his new team, so every day we progress towards opening day is a little more heavy. If God could just go ahead and tell me what is going to happen, that would be grrrrrreat. Fortunately, he has. He has blessed my family and I with a copy of his bestseller, The Bible. And he told me and Hubbs-

"For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'Plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future". Jeremiah 29:11

I don't know why I forget this every day. I've never been too great at the whole *patience* thing, but it is comforting to know that there's a plan for us, even if I don't know all the details yet.

This morning I was having a rough morning to the point of tears, and the FedEx man came and rang the doorbell. I didn't want him to see me upset, so I waited until he left before getting it. This was a lot of self-restraint, because a package, even if it's not addressed to me, is SUPER exciting. I took it inside, ripped open the box, and there was the most beautiful clock that I have had my eye on for about a YEAR now. My good friends Ali, Kirk, and Ethan Milligan had sent it as a "just because" gift for us because it matches a lot of the decor in my house, and they know how much I love the brand that it was. My whole day changed from there. I have been smiling ever since! Not just because I received a really nice gift in the mail, but because I have such amazing friends to send me something so sweet just because they knew I would like it. IT could have been a pencil for all I care, it was the sweetest thing, and I am so lucky to have such great friends. So THANK YOU Milligans for such a generous gift, and for changing my whole day.


I hope this post finds everyone having a great day! Love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! This post reminds me so much of myself and my lack of patience for God's unveiling of THE PLAN. As I was growing up, my mom had a trivet that always sat on the back of the stove. It says, "God grant me patience, but I want it RIGHT NOW!" That basically sums up my life and I think about it in times like this. Remember that you have sweet friends because you ARE a sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!